Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Trip to Monterey


Gary and his wife Grazyna took
me to dinner on the wharf. We enjoyed
some wonderful food, and talked more.
Grazyna is wearing one of my necklaces
that I brought along. Looks good on her!

This statue was near the church.

This is the first church in Monterey
which has been restored. at the top
is an incredible picture of Mother Mary.
We couldn't go inside as it was locked.

Gary, who I met in 1964 at Robinson Jr. High
Wichita, Kansas, picked me up at the airport.
I had not seen him since winter of 1975.
We had a short visit, and talked about old times,
which was alot of fun.

the trip starts and ends with a rainbow.....
I had just landed in a prop plane, having experienced
the bumpiest, scariest ride of my life!! The rainbow
was a nice reminder that all is well, and I am being
looked after by a higher power :)



No comments: